Monday, July 13, 2009

Tatting




I've taken up my tatting shuttle again. It's been awhile since I've done any, so thought I should so I wouldn't lose my touch. I had taken some to a Rug Hooking Party where we were asked to bring something for show and tell that wasn't hooking. One of the ladies expressed a desire for a pincushion, so that was all I needed to get started. She hasn't seen the pincushion yet, and I hope she likes it. I taught myself to tat many years ago after I had not been able to find anyone to teach me. My technique has improved since then, thanks in part to the computer, and all the available resources on the Internet. I wish it had been around when I was trying to maneuver the shuttle in the beginning. The pincushion is sitting on one of my quilts in case you noticed the feathers in the background of that picture. I love quilting feathers.
I'm frustrated because I can't figure out why the pictures rotate in the uploading process. They aren't situated like that on my computer.
Cheers for now.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, look at all that beautiful tatting! That sounds like a very cool show and tell! I'll bet the ladies raved about your tatting. It's all very pretty. I see you have it displayed on your cookie pillow for bobbin lace!

    Aren't the internet resources for tatting fabulous! I think that my tatting skills have greatly improved because of the online tatting community as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I think your friend will love that pincushion. It's beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I have been trying to master tatting and I just get so far and then I get distracted. I have 2 wonderful quilting friends who are also tatters. I hope their patience doesn't run out! With any luck I'll have a picture to post before I die!!
    Great pictures.
    Bev
    http://www.quiltersnet.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for returning to tatting! Your pieces are lovely indeed.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments on my blog. If they need a reply, I will comment here.